Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Chill in the Weather

It's been starting to get strangely chilly here in Miami (and in other states that my friends are off studying in) recently despite the fact that it's already March. So, listening to some mellow music and planning my wardrobe for the week ahead, I decided I would make a little feminine style inspiration Polyvore post for you guys! 

Feast your eyes:
1. An iPod chock-full of sunny or mood-fitting tunes is always a good idea - paired with a reliable pair of fashionable, quality headphones!

2. Delicate, feminine gold accessories such as these adorable gold bunny rabbit studs (gold diamond studs are a staple) and white-faced Marc Jacobs watch are always a good idea.

3. I'm all for a natural makeup look, but a clean face with a pair of bold eyes, rosy, blushing cheeks and light berry-stained lips is my absolute favorite. Don't be afraid to add some crisp winged eyeliner and fanned lashes to your look! (P.S. black eye makeup is classic and looks amazing no matter what hair color someone has) 

4. I can't get enough of colored pants this season! Pastels and corals are definitely in. I can't wait to get my hands on a pair of those mint skinnies!

5. Lace everything is in for this season. From mini dresses to blouses to fancy lace socks, lace is simply a staple this year.

6. Flirty bottoms are the best. Experiment with high waisted lace, denim, and knit shorts - as well as flowy and fitted skirts in bright colors, bold patterns, interesting fabrics, and varying lengths. For the chilly season, be sure to pair these with a pair of tights (and be playful with them - try different colored tights as well as different patterns).

7. Mini dresses are my life. For winter, I love wearing body conscious or flowy-skirted sweater dresses and pairing them with feminine accessories and ballerina flats (or, if I'm feeling a little edgy, I'll throw on a pair of combat boots).

8. It never really gets very cold in Miami, so throwing on an oversized cardigan or cozy sweater usually suffices during the chilly season. Try classic tones of navy, tan, and warm reds - and occasionally change it up with some playful pastels or neons. These also add a nice touch when paired with a flirty fitted top as pictured above and high waisted shorts or a flowy skirt and tights.

9. Feminine accessories like velvet hair-bows, simple jewelry, patterned scarves, funky footwear, and a statement bag add a delightful finishing touch on a great, girly outfit!

10. My mother always taught me that it was important to have a signature scent once you become a lady. Mine happens to be Daisy by Marc Jacobs (although it was previously Princess by Vera Wang, and occasionally I wear Love, Chloé by Chloé).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...